Followers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

All Hail Breaks Loose: Transformers All Hail Megaton #7 Review


Another month has come and gone. We are that much closer to spring. Birds are singing. Children are playing. And another issue of "All Hail Megatron" has come, advancing the plot about five minutes. Don't get me wrong I love this series (mostly for the artwork.) But I can definitely see where others are starting to get upset.
This book was a fill in the gaps issue, showing us how everything went so horribly wrong, and explained some plot inconsistencies. Though, I get the feeling this issue was thrown together last minute to appease a complaining fan base. Now, I'm left wondering what story elements are going to get axed to make room. That said, I feel this issue was well done for what it really is. As much as I want to complain about the obvious faults, choppy storytelling, and focus on the Autobots (I thought this was All Hail Megatron,) I was left genuinely entertained. There is an interesting back story beneath it all. But as I said before, the main story is advanced very little, giving you not much more than a twist to the end (which I personally can't wait to see how the fans react to.) This instalment does raise new questions as to what happened in between "Revelation" and the story presented in this issue. Hopefully to be answered in the future.
The art department shined yet again throughout this issue. Guido Guidi did an amazing job, as well as E.J. Su, who found a descent colorist to make his work standout.
If you are still on for the ride, I hope it will be all worth it. But I'm even having doubts as to whether McArthy can pull together a descent story with the issues he has left...
BW4E

Story: 6.5/10 Art: 8/10 Quick Verdict: Hold It

No comments:

Post a Comment