Followers

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Transformers: Tales of The Fallen - Ravage


The Tales of The Fallen series has been a Spotlight style book for the movie universe characters. Mostly ones that got very little time in the movies themselves. Some have been great, giving insights into character backgrounds and adding a bit of depth to the movie universe, while some have been no so great. I have to tell you, I was looking forward to "Ravage". With Nefarious on the horizon, and Simon Furman constantly hinting that this is were the story starts, I had high hopes for another good comic.

Well, after reading it, I can safely say that this is the worst Transformers comic I have ever read. The story? There isn't one. The entire issue can be summed up in one page or the opening sentence of Nefarious. I was left wondering why it was felt that this tale warranted telling.

The art by Alex Milne is subpar for what he is capable of. It looks rushed and a bit sloppy, which is a shame because this was a great chance for Milne to showcase his work in this issue, because the little bit of story there is was told by the art. He is a very talented artist, but I bet he was left uninspired by the script.

In the end this issue is just a pointless movie tie-in, shamelessly riding on success of ROTF. I'm very disappointed because this wasn't even close to the high quality TF books IDW has been putting out as of late. You expect a little substance for $4. After reading this, I wanted my money back.

BW4E

Story: 1/10 Art: 4/10 Quick Verdict: Dodge It

No comments:

Post a Comment