Followers

Friday, March 6, 2009

Transformers Revenge of The Fallen Defiance #2 Review


Of the two series of prequels being put out by IDW, Defiance again shows itself to be the superior book. I think you know from my other reviews how I feel about Alliance. Here the story progresses to a fascinating origin of big Megs himself and the seeds of civil war. Optimus now must choose and convince his Autobots to do the same. Unlike Alliance, Mowry give us a steady paced story with very well thought out dialogue. I think this is the result of the limits set for the writing department. Alliance seems very reigned in, whereas it seems that Mowry has more flexibility in crafting a story of his own. If I'm right then IDW, Dreamworks, Hasbro, whoever it is that set those restrictions are killing their own book.
On the other hand, the art still suffers but is much improved from the last issue. Some panels do look great, but most of it seems rushed and cluttered.I personally can't wait until Figueroa returns next month for issue 3. Then we may have a knock out.
BW4E
Story: 8/10 Art: 6/10 Quick Verdict: Grab It

No comments:

Post a Comment