Followers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

All Hail Breaks Loose: Transformers All Hail Megaton #8 Review


All Hail Megatron has had its share of mysteries and twists, but the pace has kept interest of many fans at an all time low. This issue is probably the most pivotal of any of the issues so far. Finally, the traitor is revealed. And I was truly shocked by the identity. So kudos must go out to McCarthy for making it the last person we would have ever expected. I was starting to wonder if there really was a traitor, but we finally find out. One big problem, though, is that the focus is still on the Autobots. I don't think I have ever seen a series with so little of the Decepticons. A little ironic for a series called "All Hail Megatron."

That said, I found this issue, and really the entire series, to be very enjoyable. The art by Guido Guidi is stunning and blows me away every month. He seems to have found his style and is sticking with it. The colorist did an amazing job and brings Guidi's pencils to life.

This issue just goes to reaffirm many anti-ahm fans complaints. But for those in for a good time, this is highly enjoyable. But I'm still waiting for the series we were promised, not a tale about some broken down Autobots, fighting for their lives.

BW4E

Story: 8/10 Art: 8.75/10 Quick Verdict: Grab It

No comments:

Post a Comment